The Vellore Institute of Technology Masters Entrance Examination (VITMEE) is a computer-based entrance test conducted by the Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) for admission to its M.Tech. and M.C.A. programs. The exam is conducted twice a year, in April and May.
To be eligible for VITMEE, candidates must:
- Be a resident Indian national.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 60% or first class.
- Candidates appearing for their final degree exam/final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply.
VITMEE is a two-hour exam with 100 questions, divided into two parts:
- Part 1: Core Subject (70 questions)
- Part 2: English Language (30 questions)
The core subject questions are based on the candidate’s undergraduate engineering discipline. The English language questions test the candidate’s comprehension, vocabulary, and grammar skills.
Each question in VITMEE carries one mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
The syllabus for VITMEE varies depending on the candidate’s undergraduate engineering discipline. However, the general syllabus includes the following topics:
- Engineering Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Machine Design
- Manufacturing Processes
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
Here are some tips for preparing for VITMEE:
- Start your preparation early and give yourself enough time to cover the entire syllabus.
- Make a study schedule and follow it religiously.
- Solve previous year’s question papers and practice tests to get a feel for the exam pattern and types of questions asked.
- Focus on your weak areas and try to improve them.
- Take breaks regularly and avoid overexerting yourself.
Results and Counselling
The results of VITMEE are usually declared within a week of the exam. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for counselling, where they will be allotted seats in the various M.Tech. and M.C.A. programs at VIT.
Table 1: VITMEE Exam Pattern
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
Table 2: VITMEE Marking Scheme
Table 3: VITMEE Syllabus
|Computer Science Engineering||10%|
VITMEE is a competitive exam, and candidates need to prepare well to score well and get admission to their desired M.Tech. or M.C.A. program at VIT. By following the tips given above and practicing regularly, candidates can increase their chances of success.