The Uttarakhand Teacher Eligibility Test (UTET) is a state-level teacher eligibility test conducted by the Uttarakhand Board of School Education (UBSE) for teaching in government and private schools in the state of Uttarakhand. The UTET is a mandatory exam for all candidates who wish to teach in primary and upper primary schools in Uttarakhand.
To be eligible for the UTET 2024, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be an Indian citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed.) or a Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) from a recognized university or institution
The UTET is conducted in two papers:
- Paper I: For teaching classes I-V
- Paper II: For teaching classes VI-VIII
Each paper is of three hours duration and consists of 150 objective-type questions. The following table shows the distribution of questions in each paper:
|Child Development and Pedagogy
|Language I (Hindi or English)
|Language II (Hindi or English)
Each question in the UTET is worth four marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The UTET results are usually declared within a month of the exam. Candidates who qualify the UTET will be issued a TET certificate, which is valid for life.
Benefits of Qualifying the UTET
Qualifying the UTET 2024 will give candidates the following benefits:
- Eligibility to teach in government and private schools in Uttarakhand
- A higher chance of getting a job in a government school
- Preference in the selection process for private schools
- A higher salary package
How to Prepare for the UTET 2024
The best way to prepare for the UTET 2024 is to start early and have a systematic study plan. Here are some tips:
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly
- Collect good quality study material
- Make a study plan and stick to it
- Practice solving previous year’s question papers
- Take mock tests to assess your preparation
The UTET 2024 is a golden opportunity for candidates who aspire to become teachers in Uttarakhand. By qualifying the UTET, candidates can secure a bright future for themselves in the teaching profession.
Age Limit for UTET 2024
|Age Limit (in years)
Exam Fee for UTET 2024
|Exam Fee (in INR)
Number of Vacancies for UTET 2024
|Number of Vacancies
|Primary School Teacher
|Upper Primary School Teacher
Important Dates for UTET 2024
|Closing Date for Registration
|Release of Admit Card
|Declaration of Result
Tips for Success in UTET 2024
- Start your preparation early and have a systematic study plan.
- Go through the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Collect good quality study material.
- Make a study plan and stick to it.
- Practice solving previous year’s question papers.
- Take mock tests to assess your preparation.