The Uttarakhand Public Service Commission (UKPSC) is a constitutional body established by the Government of Uttarakhand to recruit qualified personnel to various state government positions. The UKPSC conducts a variety of examinations, including the Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Examination (CSSE), the Combined State Engineering Services Examination (CSE), and various other examinations for the recruitment of officers to various departments and subordinate services of the state government.
The eligibility criteria for the UKPSC examinations vary depending on the specific examination. However, the general eligibility criteria include:
- Being a citizen of India.
- Being a domicile of Uttarakhand.
- Having the minimum educational qualification prescribed for the specific examination.
- Meeting the age and physical fitness requirements prescribed for the specific examination.
The UKPSC examinations are generally conducted in two stages:
- Preliminary Examination: The preliminary examination is a screening test that is conducted to shortlist candidates for the main examination. The preliminary examination is generally objective in nature and consists of questions on general intelligence, reasoning, and quantitative aptitude.
- Main Examination: The main examination is a more comprehensive examination that is designed to test the candidates’ knowledge and skills in the relevant subjects. The main examination is generally subjective in nature and consists of written papers on various subjects, such as general studies, history, geography, economics, and political science.
The selection of candidates for various state government positions is based on their performance in the UKPSC examinations. The final selection may also involve an interview and/or a medical examination.
UKPSC Exam Calendar 2024
The UKPSC has released the revised exam calendar for the year 2024. The following table shows the proposed dates for some of the major UKPSC examinations in 2024:
|Examination||Proposed Exam Date|
|Agriculture Animal Husbandry||7th January 2024|
|Department Group C Examination on Assistant Agriculture Officer||4th February 2024|
|Instructor Group Examination||3rd March 2024|
|Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Examination (CSSE)||10th April 2024|
|Combined State Engineering Services Examination (CSE)||17th May 2024|
How to Apply for UKPSC Examinations
To apply for a UKPSC examination, candidates must visit the official website of the UKPSC and register themselves. Once registered, candidates can log in to their account and apply for the relevant examination. The application process generally involves filling up an online application form, uploading the required documents, and paying the application fee.
UKPSC Exam Preparation Tips
Here are some tips for preparing for the UKPSC examinations:
- Start early: The UKPSC examinations are highly competitive, so it is important to start preparing early.
- Understand the syllabus: The first step in preparing for the UKPSC examinations is to understand the syllabus thoroughly. The syllabus for each examination is available on the official website of the UKPSC.
- Create a study plan: Once you understand the syllabus, create a study plan that works for you. Make sure to allocate enough time for each subject and topic.
- Use quality study materials: There are a number of quality study materials available for the UKPSC examinations. Use these materials to supplement your classroom learning.
- Practice regularly: The best way to prepare for the UKPSC examinations is to practice regularly. This will help you to identify your strengths and weaknesses, and to improve your speed and accuracy.
The UKPSC examinations are a great way to secure a government job in Uttarakhand. The examinations are highly competitive, but with proper preparation, you can crack them.
- Join a coaching institute or study group: This can help you to stay motivated and to learn from others.
- Take mock tests: This will help you to get a feel for the real examination and to identify your areas of improvement.
- Stay positive and confident: A positive attitude and strong belief in yourself will go a long way in helping you to succeed in the UKPSC examinations.