The Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (Polytechnic) (UPJEE (Polytechnic)) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Joint Entrance Examination Council (JEEC-UP) for admission to diploma courses offered by polytechnic institutes in Uttar Pradesh.
To be eligible for the UPJEE (Polytechnic) 2024, candidates must:
- Have passed Class 10 from a recognized board with at least 35% aggregate marks and at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Be a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
The UPJEE (Polytechnic) 2024 will be a computer-based test (CBT) conducted in two groups:
- Group A: Engineering and Technology
- Group B: Pharmacy
Each group will have a separate question paper. The question paper will consist of 150 objective-type questions, each carrying 4 marks. The total marks for the exam will be 600.
The following table shows the distribution of questions in each group:
|Group||Subject||Number of questions|
|A||Engineering and Technology||Mathematics (50), Physics (50), Chemistry (50)|
|B||Pharmacy||Physics (50), Chemistry (50), Biology (50)|
The syllabus for the UPJEE (Polytechnic) 2024 is based on the Class 10 syllabus of the Uttar Pradesh Board of Secondary Education (UPBSE).
The following table shows the syllabus for each subject:
|Mathematics||Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus|
|Physics||Mechanics, Heat and Thermodynamics, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism|
|Chemistry||Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry|
|Biology||Cell Biology, Genetics, Ecology, Evolution|
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the UPJEE (Polytechnic) 2024:
- Start your preparation early and be regular with your studies.
- Follow the syllabus and NCERT textbooks thoroughly.
- Solve previous year’s question papers and practice tests to get a feel of the exam pattern and difficulty level.
- Take mock tests to assess your preparation and identify areas where you need to improve.
- Clear your doubts with your teachers or classmates.
The following table shows the important dates for the UPJEE (Polytechnic) 2024:
|Release of official notification||February/March 2024|
|Start of online registration||February/March 2024|
|Last date to submit online application form||March/April 2024|
|Release of admit card||April/May 2024|
|Exam date||May/June 2024|
|Release of result||June/July 2024|
|Start of counseling||July/August 2024|
The UPJEE (Polytechnic) 2024 is a gateway to admission to diploma courses in polytechnic institutes in Uttar Pradesh. With careful preparation, you can crack the exam and secure admission to your desired course and institute.
Here are some additional information about the UPJEE (Polytechnic) 2024:
- The exam will be conducted in English and Hindi.
- The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Candidates can apply for the exam online through the official website of JEEC-UP.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.