The Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Anna University, Chennai, for admission to postgraduate courses in engineering, technology, architecture, and management in colleges and universities in Tamil Nadu. TANCET is one of the most popular entrance exams in India, with over 2 lakh candidates appearing for it every year.
To be eligible for TANCET 2024, candidates must have:
- Passed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Obtained a minimum aggregate score of 50% in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved categories).
TANCET is a computer-based test (CBT) conducted in two parts:
- Part A: This part is common to all candidates and consists of questions on Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, and Analytical Ability.
- Part B: This part consists of subject-specific questions on the chosen discipline (MBA, MCA, ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan).
Each part of the exam is of 3 hours duration. The exam is conducted in multiple test centers across Tamil Nadu.
The syllabus for TANCET 2024 is available on the official website of Anna University. The syllabus for Part A is based on the following topics:
- Quantitative Ability: Basic mathematics, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, and statistics.
- Verbal Ability: Reading comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, and sentence completion.
- Analytical Ability: Logical reasoning, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
The syllabus for Part B varies depending on the chosen discipline. However, some of the common topics covered include:
- MBA: Business administration, economics, accounting, and statistics.
- MCA: Computer science, mathematics, and software engineering.
- ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan: Engineering, technology, architecture, and planning concepts.
The online registration process for TANCET 2024 is expected to begin in the last week of January 2024. Candidates can register for the exam on the official website of Anna University.
Admit cards for TANCET 2024 will be available for download on the official website of Anna University a few days before the exam. Candidates must download and print their admit cards and bring them to the exam center on the day of the exam.
TANCET 2024 results are expected to be released in the first week of April 2024. Candidates can download their results from the official website of Anna University.
After the release of results, counseling will be conducted for admission to postgraduate courses in engineering, technology, architecture, and management in colleges and universities in Tamil Nadu. The counseling process will be conducted by Anna University.
The following table provides a tentative schedule for TANCET 2024:
|Online registration begins
|Last week of January 2024
|Online registration ends
|Second week of February 2024
|Admit card download
|Third week of March 2024
|Fourth week of March 2024
|First week of April 2024
|Second week of April 2024
|Third week of April 2024
Here are some tips for preparing for TANCET 2024:
- Start your preparation early and give yourself enough time to cover the entire syllabus.
- Make a study plan and stick to it.
- Use good quality study materials and practice tests.
- Focus on your weaknesses and try to improve them.
- Get enough sleep and eat healthy foods.
- Stay calm and focused on the day of the exam.
TANCET is a competitive exam, but it is definitely possible to crack it with proper preparation. By following the tips above, you can increase your chances of success in TANCET 2024.
- Join a study group or online forum to discuss your preparation with other candidates.
- Take mock tests regularly to assess your progress and identify areas where you need to improve.