Introduction The Staff Selection Commission Junior Hindi Translator Exam (SSC JHT) is a competitive exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit candidates for the post of Junior Hindi Translator in various departments/organizations/ministries of the Government of India.
Eligibility criteria To be eligible for the SSC JHT exam, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Age: Candidates must be between 18 and 30 years of age as on January 1, 2024.
- Educational qualification: Candidates must have a Master’s degree in Hindi or English or with both as elective subjects.
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens.
Selection process The SSC JHT selection process consists of two stages:
- Paper 1: This is a computer-based test (CBT) with objective-type questions. The paper is divided into four sections:
- Hindi language and comprehension
- English language and comprehension
- General knowledge
- Quantitative aptitude
- Paper 2: This is a pen-and-paper exam with descriptive questions. The paper is divided into two sections:
- Translation from Hindi to English
- Translation from English to Hindi
- Number of questions: 100
- Time duration: 2 hours
- Marking scheme: 1 mark for each correct answer and 0.25 marks deducted for each incorrect answer
- Negative marking: Yes
- Number of questions: 2
- Time duration: 2 hours
- Marking scheme: 100 marks for each question
- Negative marking: No
The syllabus for the SSC JHT exam is as follows:
Hindi language and comprehension
- Hindi grammar
- Hindi vocabulary
- Hindi literature
- Hindi translation
English language and comprehension
- English grammar
- English vocabulary
- English literature
- English translation
- Current affairs
- Indian history and culture
- Science and technology
The important dates for the SSC JHT 2024 exam are as follows:
- Notification release date: August 2024
- Application start date: August 2024
- Application last date: September 2024
- Paper 1 exam date: October 2024
- Paper 2 exam date: November 2024
Here are some preparation tips for the SSC JHT exam:
- Start your preparation early and make a study plan.
- Collect the relevant study material and books.
- Solve previous year’s question papers and practice tests.
- Take mock tests to assess your preparation level.
- Focus on your weak areas and improve them.
The SSC JHT exam is a competitive exam, but it is definitely possible to crack it with proper preparation and hard work. Follow the tips above and start your preparation today.
SSC JHT exam pattern
|Paper||Number of questions||Time duration||Marking scheme||Negative marking|
|Paper 1||100||2 hours||1 mark for each correct answer and 0.25 marks deducted for each incorrect answer||Yes|
|Paper 2||2||2 hours||100 marks for each question||No|
SSC JHT syllabus
|Hindi language and comprehension||Hindi grammar, Hindi vocabulary, Hindi literature, Hindi translation|
|English language and comprehension||English grammar, English vocabulary, English literature, English translation|
|General knowledge||Current affairs, Indian history and culture, Geography, Economics, Science and technology|
|Quantitative aptitude||Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry|
SSC JHT important dates (2024)
|Notification release date||August 2024|
|Application start date||August 2024|
|Application last date||September 2024|
|Paper 1 exam date||October 2024|
|Paper 2 exam date||November 2024|
I hope this blog post has given you all the information you need about the SSC JHT exam. Good luck with your preparation!