Punjab University Lateral Engineering Entrance Test (PU LEET) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Panjab University, Chandigarh for admission to engineering courses at the lateral entry level (second year). The exam is open to candidates who have completed a diploma in engineering or technology from a recognized board/university.
To be eligible for PU LEET 2024, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- They must have completed a diploma in engineering or technology from a recognized board/university.
- They must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in their diploma exam (45% for reserved categories).
- They must have passed their diploma exam in the year 2022 or 2023.
PU LEET 2024 will be a computer-based test (CBT) of one hour and forty minutes duration. The exam will consist of 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) of one mark each. There will be negative marking for wrong answers (¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer).
The syllabus of the exam will be based on the following subjects:
- Engineering fundamentals (e.g., engineering graphics, engineering mechanics, etc.)
The following are the important dates for PU LEET 2024:
- Online registration: April 25, 2024
- Last date for deposit of fee: June 12, 2024
- Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website: June 14, 2024
- Final date by which Roll Nos. will be available online: June 19, 2024
- Exam date: To be announced
Admit cards for PU LEET 2024 will be available for download from the official website of the exam in the week leading up to the exam.
The results of PU LEET 2024 are expected to be declared within two weeks of the exam.
Counselling for admission to engineering courses at Panjab University and other participating institutes will be held after the declaration of results. Candidates will be shortlisted for counselling based on their merit in the exam.
The fee for PU LEET 2024 is as follows:
- General category: Rs. 1000
- Reserved category: Rs. 500
PU LEET is a competitive exam, and it is important to prepare well for it. Candidates can prepare for the exam by referring to the syllabus and previous year’s question papers. They can also join coaching classes or take online test series to improve their chances of success.
The following table shows the number of seats available for each engineering course at Panjab University and other participating institutes:
|Other participating institutes
|Computer Science Engineering
|Electronics and Communication Engineering
Tips for success
Here are some tips for success in PU LEET 2024:
- Start preparing for the exam early.
- Make a study plan and stick to it.
- Refer to the syllabus and previous year’s question papers to understand the exam pattern.
- Solve practice problems and take mock tests to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Focus on your weaker areas.
- Get enough sleep on the night before the exam.
- Arrive at the exam center early.
I hope this blog post has given you all the information you need about PU LEET 2024. Good luck with your preparations!tunesharemore_vert