Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a standardized computer-based test for engineering and science entrance examinations in India. As of April 2023, JEE will be held twice a year in January and May. It is a highly competitive exam with a large number of students taking it each year.
The JEE exam is divided into two parts: JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main is a screening exam that is used to shortlist candidates for JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced is a more difficult exam that is used to select candidates for admission into the top engineering and science institutes in India, such as the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and the National Institutes of Technology (NITs).
To be eligible to take the JEE exam, candidates must have passed the Class 12 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects. Candidates must also have obtained a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate in the Class 12 examination.
JEE Main is a three-hour exam that consists of 90 objective-type questions. The exam is divided into three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Each section consists of 30 questions.
JEE Advanced is a six-hour exam that consists of two papers. Paper 1 consists of 54 questions in Physics and Chemistry, and Paper 2 consists of 54 questions in Mathematics. Each question is worth 3 marks, and there is a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
The syllabus for the JEE exam is vast and covers a wide range of topics in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The syllabus is based on the Class 11 and 12 NCERT textbooks.
The JEE exam is a very difficult exam, and it requires a lot of preparation. There are many different ways to prepare for the exam, but some of the most common methods include:
- Coaching classes: Coaching classes can provide students with the guidance and support they need to prepare for the exam.
- Self-study: Students can also prepare for the exam on their own by using books, online resources, and practice tests.
- Mock tests: Mock tests are a great way to practice for the exam and to get a feel for the types of questions that will be asked.
The important dates for the JEE exam in 2024 are as follows:
|JEE Main (Session 1)
|January 24 to 31, 2024
|JEE Main (Session 2)
|April 6 to 12, 2024
|May 26, 2024
Tips for Success:
Here are some tips for success on the JEE exam:
- Start preparing early: The JEE exam is a very difficult exam, and it requires a lot of preparation. It is important to start preparing early so that you have enough time to cover the entire syllabus.
- Be thorough with the syllabus: Make sure that you are thorough with the entire syllabus. This is important because the exam covers a wide range of topics.
- Practice regularly: Practice regularly by solving questions from previous years’ papers and mock tests. This will help you to get a feel for the types of questions that will be asked in the exam.
- Stay calm and focused: The JEE exam is a very competitive exam, and it is important to stay calm and focused during the exam. This will help you to perform your best.
The JEE exam is a very difficult exam, but it is definitely possible to crack it with hard work and dedication. The tips above will help you to prepare for the exam and to increase your chances of success.
Here are some additional tips that may help you to succeed on the JEE exam:
- Make sure that you have a good understanding of the basic concepts in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Focus on solving problems and understanding the concepts rather than just memorizing formulas.
- Take breaks during your preparation to avoid burnout.
- Stay positive and motivated.
I wish you all the best in your preparation for the JEE exam.