What is Bihar ITICAT?
The Bihar Industrial Training Institute Competitive Admission Test (ITICAT) is a state-level entrance examination conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) every year for admission to Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) in Bihar. ITICAT is a pen-and-paper-based test with 100 objective-type questions in three sections: Mathematics (30 questions), Science (35 questions), and General Knowledge (35 questions). Candidates must score at least 30% marks in each section to pass the exam.
Who is eligible for Bihar ITICAT?
To be eligible for Bihar ITICAT, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of India.
- Have passed class 10 from a recognized board.
- Have a domicile certificate of Bihar state.
- Be at least 14 years old as on July 1 of the year of admission (17 years old for mechanical motor vehicles and mechanical tractors).
Important dates for Bihar ITICAT 2024
|Release of application form
|Third week of May 2024
|Last date to submit application form
|First week of June 2024
|Release of admit card
|Second week of June 2024
|Third week of June 2024
|Declaration of results
|Second week of July 2024
Bihar ITICAT Syllabus
The syllabus for Bihar ITICAT is prescribed by the BCECEB and covers a wide range of topics from class 10 Mathematics, Science, and Social Science. The following table provides a brief overview of the syllabus:
|Number systems, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and mensuration
|Physics, chemistry, and biology
|Current affairs, Indian history, geography, and civics
How to prepare for Bihar ITICAT
To prepare for Bihar ITICAT, candidates should thoroughly revise the syllabus and practice solving previous year’s question papers. They can also find a variety of study materials online and in bookstores.
Here are some tips for preparing for Bihar ITICAT:
- Start preparing early and give yourself enough time to cover the entire syllabus.
- Make a study schedule and stick to it as much as possible.
- Focus on understanding the concepts rather than just memorizing facts and figures.
- Practice solving objective-type questions regularly.
- Take mock tests to assess your preparation and identify areas where you need to improve.
Tips for the exam day
- Reach the exam center at least 30 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Carry your admit card, photo ID, and a pen with you.
- Read the instructions carefully before starting the exam.
- Attempt all the questions, even if you are not sure of the answer.
- Don’t waste time on any one question. If you are stuck, move on to the next question and come back to it later.
- Proofread your answers before submitting the answer sheet.
Bihar ITICAT Seat Allotment
After the declaration of results, candidates who qualify for Bihar ITICAT will be invited to participate in the seat allotment process. The seat allotment will be done based on candidates’ merit ranks and choices of ITIs and trades.
Bihar ITICAT is a competitive exam, and candidates need to prepare well to succeed. By following the tips above, candidates can increase their chances of getting into a good ITI and pursuing a successful career in the vocational sector.
Bihar ITICAT 2024 Important Statistics
|Number of candidates expected to appear
|Number of ITIs
|Number of trades
|1 mark for each correct answer, no negative marking
Bihar ITICAT 2023 Cut-off Marks
Please note that the cut-off marks may vary slightly from year to year depending on the number of candidates appearing for the exam and the difficulty level of the question paper