Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test (BHU PET) is a university-level entrance exam conducted by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) for admission to various postgraduate programs offered by the university. The exam is held every year in the month of June.
To be eligible for BHU PET, candidates must have passed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks for general and OBC candidates, and 45% marks for SC and ST candidates.
BHU PET is a computer-based test (CBT) of 2 hours duration. The exam is divided into two parts:
- Part A: General English and General Aptitude (60 questions)
- Part B: Subject-specific questions (100 questions)
The questions in Part A are multiple-choice questions (MCQs) based on English grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension, as well as quantitative aptitude, reasoning, and logical thinking. The questions in Part B are also MCQs based on the syllabus of the qualifying degree examination in the respective subject.
Each question in the exam carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
Candidates are selected for admission to BHU PET based on their rank in the exam. The rank is calculated on the basis of the total marks scored by the candidate in all the sections of the exam.
The following table shows the important dates for BHU PET 2024:
|Online registration start
|Online registration end
|Admit card download
How to Prepare for BHU PET
The best way to prepare for BHU PET is to start early and follow a systematic study plan. Here are a few tips:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus. The exam pattern and syllabus are available on the official website of BHU. Make sure you understand the topics that will be covered in the exam and the types of questions that will be asked.
- Collect study materials. There are a number of books and online resources available to help you prepare for BHU PET. Collect study materials that are relevant to the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make a study plan. Create a study plan that will help you cover all the topics in the syllabus in a timely manner. Make sure to schedule regular breaks and revision sessions.
- Practice with previous year question papers. Solving previous year question papers is a great way to get familiar with the exam pattern and the types of questions that are asked. You can find previous year question papers on the official website of BHU.
The following table shows the exam fees for BHU PET 2024:
BHU PET is a competitive exam, but it is possible to crack it with proper preparation. Start early and follow a systematic study plan. Practice with previous year question papers to get familiar with the exam pattern and the types of questions that are asked.
- Time management is key. The exam is of 2 hours duration, so make sure you manage your time wisely. Don’t spend too much time on any one question.
- Be careful while marking your answers. Make sure you mark the correct answer in the OMR sheet.
- Don’t leave any questions unanswered. If you don’t know the answer to a question, mark it anyway. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
I hope this blog post has helped you understand the BHU PET exam and how to prepare for it. All the best!